If you are raising backyard chickens, you need to consider biosecurity. Not just for your chickens, but for your family as well. Check out this video for Nutrena poultry expert Twain Lockhart’s advice on keeping everyone happy and healthy.
- Don’t kiss your chickens!
- Wash your hands after you handle chickens
- Have a pair of “coop shoes” that you do not wear anywhere else
- Do not borrow equipment from friends
- If you bring in a chicken from someone, quarantine them for a minimum of three weeks